The masterclass will consist of three chapters:
- Theoretical introduction about the way the brains of costumers process information. We will focus on the notorious distinction of the fast, emotional (System 1) and the slow, rational (System 2) system proposed by Nobel prize winner Daniel Kahneman. We will illustrate with concrete examples and applications how these two systems impact every day decisions and emotions.
- We will give an extensive overview of the various methodologies that can be used in neuromarketing. Next to brain imaging (such as fMRI and EEG) and physiological measures (such as eye tracking and galvanic skin response), we will focus on innovative, much more accessible methodologies, such as online behavioral tasks (e.g. pricing research, brand research, packaging tests, etc.).
- During a hands-on session participants will have the opportunity to experience and test several of these innovative techniques.
- Most of our behavior is based on emotional and unconscious processes.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the different methods used in neuromarketing (when to use which method).
- There is an evolution towards more accessible, innovative online techniques.
- How to use neuromarketing research in advertising, packaging, pricing, branding, etc.
- Live demo online behavioral tasks
- Live demo physiological measurements (skin conductance, eyetracking, heart rate, …)
- Market researchers
- Value of neuromarketing
- Introduction to different neuromarketing techniques
- Hands-on experience
About the experts:
Founder and Managing Partner of Profacts
Professor at the Department of Experimental Psychology of Ghent University