This privacy & cookies policy applies to this website (hereinafter the “Website”) and explains how your personal data may be collected on this Website, how it may be used and with whom it might be shared. By browsing the Website and sharing your personal data with us, you expressly agree to the terms of this Policy and to the way in which we collect and process your personal data, as further explained below.
- Who is responsible for the procession of your personal data?
- Why do we process your personal data?
- Who has access to your personal data?
- What type of cookies does Duval Union Academy use?
- What about third-party websites and social media?
- How do we secure your personal data?
- Who can you address concerning your rights?
This version of the Privacy and Cookie Policiy is changed on April 25th 2019
2. Who is responsible for the procession of your personal data?
Duval Union Academy BVBA is responsible for the processing or your personal data.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
To manage our Customer relations in general and to meet our Customer commitments, Duval Union Academy requires some information about you in your role as Customer contact person or user of a service. Our aims with this are:
- Provide offers on services that Customers or prospective customers have requested
- Inform about service offers that are closely related to the services and programs the Customer already uses
- Perform deliveries in accordance with a customer agreement
- Offer support to participants of our programs and services
- Improve the quality of our programs, services and websites
- Detect and prevent security threats and perform maintenance and debugging
- Prevent abuse of our services
- Communicate information that is relevant for our deliveries in particular and our customer relations in general
- Who has access to your personal data?
The Duval Union Academy can share your data with other connected companies. The Duval Union Academy also relies on third parties to help them with certain (processing) activities such as hosting the website. Personal data cannot be share to other parties, unless it is required by law or with a court order.
4. What type of cookies does the Duval Union Academy use?
You can block cookies in your browser settings.
The Duval Union Academy uses different types of cookies:
- Functional cookies relate to the functionality of our websites and allow us to improve the service we offer to you through our websites, for example:
- by allowing you to carry information across pages of our website to avoid you having to re-enter information;
- by recognising your preferences when you return to our website(s).
- Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and to count the number of visitors to our website, to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it and to record which content viewers view and are interested in. This helps us to determine how frequently particular pages and advertisements are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. This helps us to improve the service which we offer to you by helping us make sure our users are finding the information they are looking for, by providing anonymised demographic data to third parties in order to target advertising more appropriately to you, and by tracking the success of advertising campaigns on our website.
These cookies collect information about your computer and your visit to our website, such as your IP-address, the webpages you visit, the browser you use, the websites you’ve visited before, geographic data e.g. you location, your preferred language and the time and duration of your visit.
5. What about third-party websites and social media?
6. How do we secure your personal data?
The Duval Union Academy aims to secure your personal data to our best ability by using technical and organizational measures, such as firewalls and secured servers.
7. Who can you address concerning your rights?
You have the right to request to see a free copy of any personal information we hold about you. You have the right to update or correct any errors in any personal information we hold about you. You have the right to request to be removed from any mailing lists we keep at all times.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us: email@example.com or by mail to the address above. The 5th Conference on Digital Health cannot process your request without a prove of your identification.
If you have any further questions or complaints about this website or about this Privacy- and Cookiepolicy, you can also contact us by email: at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority.