In this course you will learn the two core tenets of UX Design: interaction design and graphic design.
- Interaction design: What do a digipass, an onboard computer and a car insurance have in common? They are all based on complex business processes that cannot be easily translated into easy-to-understand designs. But when you start from a good UX framework, you will be able to create a great UX design for all these products and services.
- Graphic design: What is typical for an accountant, a tennis lover and a broker? They all have a different perceptions and expectations on visual style and taste. But thanks to a well-oiled process of mood boards, concept boards, visual designs and design guides you can serve them all, tailored to their preferences.
- Learn the basics of interaction design and graphic design
- Learn how to translate business objectives into attractive designs
- Get insights in design concepts like coherence, simplification, persuasion and inspiration
- Become proficient in the use of colors, fonts and icons
- Take home tips & tricks for working with design tools
- Beginner and advanced.
- This training builds upon our training ‘UX Strategy’, but can be followed independently.
- product managers
- communicatons managers
- marketing managers
- program managers
- customer experience managers
- Take your interaction and graphic design skills to the next level
- Get insight in how you create great designs, starting from business goals
- Expand your knowledge on graphic design and design tools
About the expert:
UX Expert & Visual Designer at Human Interface Group